What is Treasure Village?
We strive to bring imagination to life with our twist on fairy tales. Our shows are known for our audience interaction and clean, fun humor for all ages. Our actors interact with the audience before the show, help sell concessions, and greet our audience after the show! Improv skills are a must as your interaction with our audiences change every day! Because we do over 12 performances of each show, you really have a chance to grow your character. It’s a unique theatre experience!
I can act on stage AND get paid?!
How do I audition?
- LEARN ABOUT US: Download and read TV FYI 2017 to understand more about Treasure Village, including the management, our mission and expectations, typical day, and fun events.
- WATCH: Check out the TV Video for Auditions to see about us. Our YouTube channel has other videos from the summers.
- CALENDAR: Look at our summer calendar to see which shows you are able to audition for based on your schedule and conflicts. Summer Calendar for Auditions 2017
- SIGN UP: Sign up for your audition date and time: Auditions Sign-up
- APPLICATION: Download and fill out TV Application 2017. Email this to us BEFORE auditions.
- NON-ACTING APPLICATION: Love to sew, paint, or build? Check out the info at bottom of this page about Tech and Costume opportunities. To apply for Production Staff, download and fill out Production Staff Application before auditions.
- REFERENCE LETTERS: Contact 3 professors, teachers, pastors, employers, etc for reference letters. These can be emailed to us or brought the day of auditions.
- SONG #1: Using a karaoke track, record yourself singing the song “Something There” from Disney’s Beauty & the Beast. We will be doing an original musical, but we want to hear a song that has range and emotion in it. Must record between 1 -2 minutes of singing. Email that MP3, WAV, or video file to us BEFORE your audition. Something There KARAOKE
- SONG #2: Singing a cappella or with a track, record yourself singing a song of your choice. Make sure it shows your range and musical interpretation. Must record between 1 -2 minutes of singing.
- PREPARE: Prepare for auditions by reading character descriptions and script excerpts that will be used at the audition. This is not a cold read! We want you to read through script excerpts and develop character ideas.
2017 Audition Scenes
2017 Character Descriptions
- AT AUDITIONS: Please have your calendar ready, body stretched and voice warmed up, and make sure you’ve sent us: application(s), vocal recording, and letters of reference.
If you have any questions,
please contact Managing Director
Linnea Lambert at 712-330-7065 (call/text) or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.